With the average cost of a litigated divorce in the Tri-State Area reaching $50,000 and upwards, the financial benefits of choosing divorce or separation mediation, which averages about $15,000, can be substantial. But saving money is just one of the reasons why mediation is gaining in popularity. Mediation also offers the following benefits:
- Resolutions are fast and fair
- The sessions are confidential
- It empowers the individual
- It’s an informal process, which helps reduce stress and tension between the parties
Take the Divorce / Separation Mediation Quiz to Determine if It’s Right for You
If separation or divorce mediation sounds like an attractive option, but you’re still unsure if it’s right for you, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you willing to negotiate with your partner in a constructive and non-adversarial way to reach a fair and reasonable resolution?
- Are you willing to consider creative solutions other than the one that is currently in conflict?
- Is an informal meeting environment better suited for your needs?
- Do you want to resolve your issue quickly?
- Do you have an open mind that can accept new possibilities for resolution?
If you answered “yes” to the above questions, then divorce or separation mediation may be right for you. If you’re ready to open a mediation case, contact Mediation Professionals of Long Island today. We can provide you with compassionate, experienced mediation services that will help you and your partner reach a resolution that meets both of your interests.